Saturday, April 5, 2014

We're here, we`re happy, we`re hot.  Easy trips on both American and Delta.  Some  clouds and  90 degrees.  We packed our painting and gardening clothes but tonight we met with Claudia and we have a new task!  We are going to pilot her new volunteers in the classroom project.  There are several children in the 1st, 2nd and 4th grades who need very special attention, so starting Monday morning at 7:20 AM, we will be in the classrooms until 3:00.  We are very excited to be spending such quality time with the children==just wish we had more Spanish.

Claudia also introduced the new El Hogar Anthem which the children sing during their Monday assembly.

The chorus:

This is my home where I come from
Where I lived, grew up and learned to cry
I go out from this my home
Leaving my mark for eternity

This is my home, a godsend to me
Here I received protection and education
This is my home full of peace
It is my home of love and hope


 Love and hope to you all, Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment